Based on the declaration of the Minister of Health, on 29 July, the government was making preparations for the opening of the COVID 3 and COVID 4 hospitals. However, also according to Minister Manastirliu, the COVID 3 hospital should have opened since June 1st, together with the COVID 4 hospital.
During the penultimate plenary session in the Parliament on Wednesday, 29 July, the Minister of Health, Ogerta Manastirliu, announced that the government was making preparations to open the COVID 3 and COVID 4 hospitals.
“We are strengthening our university hospital and regional capacities. We are also establishing the spare teams for the opening of the COVID 3 and COVID 4 hospitals. Simultaneously, we are increasing testing capacities.”- announced Minister Manastirliu.
According to Minister Manastirliu, the COVID 3 hospital would accommodate patients who had completed treatment at the Infectious Diseases Service, in order to ensure their full rehabilitation.
“It’s an adequate facility for recovering patients” – said Minister Manastirliu during the UHC inspection on 25 April.
The COVID 4 hospital should have also been opened and made operable for tourists who may exhibit Coronavirus signs.
“It will be operable during the tourist season for those entering into Albania, but also for cases that may present in the country and that will require hospitalization” – said Minister Manastirliu.
According to Minister Manastirliu, the quarantine hospital COVID-4, located on the highway, would be utilized to treat those infected during the reopening period and the tourism season. As regards the fall season, when the second Coronavirus wave is anticipated, the hospital would assist the three other COVID hospitals.
However, as has been the case so far, the COVID 3 and COVID 4 hospitals remain an empty promise.